Thought I’d take a shot in the dark and see what/if anything would come of posting my resume here on my blog…
To pastor at a healthy and growing church that is committed to reaching their community with the love of God, a church that is dedicated to equipping their youth and their families to serve the Lord with their lives.
- Passion to know & teach the Word of God.
- Heart for discipleship and mentoring.
- Committed to the local schools and community outreach.
- Proven skills in leadership development and organization.
- Devoted to a lifestyle of “incarnational” ministry.
Assistant Pastor of Youth – Yuba City Church of the Nazarene June 2006 – Feb. 2009
Provide vision, leadership, oversight and coordination of youth programs
- Started and taught junior high aged Sunday school classes.
- Planned for and preached weekly at junior high youth group.
- Assisted with preaching at high school youth group.
- Equipped students to lead their weekly on campus Bible studies.
- Prepared devotionals and coordinated food, etc. for mid-week on campus youth Bible studies and summer youth Bible studies.
- Recruited and equipped student and adult youth leaders.
- Planned for and assisted with church district events (camps and leadership events).
- Spoke at various youth camps, retreats and events.
Assisted in youth and miscellaneous pastoral duties
- Made hospital calls to various people from the community and church family.
- Visited and encouraged students in juvenile detention.
- Performed wedding ceremonies, child dedications and baptisms.
- Maintained and manned the church information and welcome table.
- Wrote the weekly church devotional for various small groups and individual use.
- Prepared and communicated church announcements at various services.
- Assisted with the needs for various church ministries’ promotional efforts.
- Coached high school football at a local school.
Internship – Risen King Community Church, Redding, CA May 2005 – May 2006
Assisted youth pastor
- Preached at youth group and taught at Sunday school on a regular basis.
- Assisted in developing and running student leadership program.
- Directed houseboat summer camp and winter retreat.
Supported and coordinated youth events
- Coordinated the weekly set-up/tear down of youth group.
- Scheduled youth worship team.
- Planned special worship services.
- Planned prayer initiatives and 24-7 prayer opportunities.
- Assisted with coordinating student leadership missions trip to Ecuador
Raised financial assistance
- Raised personal support for a year-long internship.
- Raised scholarship money for students to attend camp and various programs.
Volunteer Youth Leader – Risen King Community Church Jan. 2003 – May 2005
Assisted youth pastor and youth programming
- Helped set-up or tear down for youth group.
- Met with students for discipleship and Bible studies.
- Regular contact work with students at their schools and sporting events.
Internship – Hood Canal Community Church, Hoodsport, WA Summer 2002
Developed Summer Youth Program
- Created a weekly youth program that started with 5 students and grew to 25 core students throughout the summer.
- Preached, led worship and taught Sunday school on a weekly basis.
- Planned special events and outreach opportunities.
Assisted lead pastor and church leadership
- Assisted worship leader with music on a weekly basis.
- Assisted weekly with the church follow up ministry.
- Participated in church prison ministry team.
Bachelor of Arts – Simpson University, Redding, CA April 2005
- Major: Social Science for Teachers
- Minor: Bible & Theology
On July 4, 2008 I was engaged to Melanie Scott who works as a property manager for various homeowners associations’ in the greater Sacramento area. We recently got marred on February 6, 2009 and reside in Carmichael, CA. I received my first pastoral license from the Christian and Missionary Alliance in April 2006, and then became licensed by the Church of the Nazarene in March 2008. My interests include sports, coaching football, listening to and playing music, photography and camping.
I grew up in a small community church where I gave my life to Christ at the age of 7 and learned many valuable truths about God’s Word. As a young boy I remember telling a visiting missionary that I wanted to be a pastor someday, but as I grew up through middle school my dreams changed. I struggled in my journey of faith through high school, but the Lord used that time to make my faith in Him true, real, and authentic.
I went to a Christian college with the dream of becoming a high school history teacher and football coach, but during the summer before my senior year of college I helped at a national youth conference on a prayer team where God revealed to me His dream for my life. It was at that time I knew that if I pursued anything other then full-time vocational ministry I would be disobeying the Lord. It has become a passion of mine to share the love of God with others by living out my faith in all that I say and do. God has continued to confirm my call to ministry and I am growing in my character as well as my hunger for the Word of the Lord. Along the way God has united my passion for serving Him with the opportunity to coach high school football too.
REFERENCES (All contact info available upon request)